The new Carnival of Molecular Biology is out hosted by The Ocelloid. It calls itself number 18, but I think secretly it’s number 19. The post I submitted has been favourably commented on by Mauro Mandioli of the The Aphid Room, and I’d like to take this opportunity to say that his carnival post on karyotype variation in aphids is fascinating. Apparently, chromosome number within a clonal population of the peach potato aphid, can vary between sister individuals, and even within individual embryos. I look forward to finding out more on aphid molecular biology from his blog.
- My family have benefitted from community breastfeeding midwives who are being cut by King's CH. please sign petition change.org/p/kings-colleg… 1 month ago
- Supergenes, Sociality, and Sex Chromosomes
- The Transposon/piRNA/Chromatin Nexus
- Breaking Neuronal Symmetry by Chromatin Memories
- The Heterodox Dinokaryon
- Uploading piRNAs to the Cloud.
- A chimeric fusion of RNA and DNA viruses.
- Beating a Toxin-Antitoxin System; Evading Suicide
- Barcoding the Brain
- Opening up the RNA-chromatin network
- The CSR-1 siRNA pathway gets more enigmatic
- 21U-RNA 22G-RNA Amyloid Aplysia Axon guidance Bacteria Bacteriophage Bartonella C.elegans CEBPB Cell fate specification Chromatin Chromatin diminution cis-acting regulatory element Conjugation CPEB CSR-1 CTCF Cyclostome DGR Diversity Generating Retroelements Drosophila E.coli Endometrial Stromal Cell Epigenetics Evolutionary Developmental Biology gene evolution Gene Transfer Agent Gene Transfer Agents GTA hAT-Charlie HGT Hi-C Histone histone modification Horizontal Gene Transfer HOTTIP Hox Integrative and Conjugative Element Lamarckian Lamprey Lateral Gene Transfer left-right asymmetry LGT lincRNA m6A MADD-4 Mavirus Membrane Vesicles memory MER20 miRNA Nanotubes Nucleosome Orb2 piRNA piwi-interacting RNA PRG-1 Prokarya Retrotransposon Retrotransposons ribosome RNAi RNA methylation run-off replication SINE siRNA toxin-antitoxin Translation Transposable Element Transposable elements Transposon Virophage WAGO zebrafish